Thursday, February 5, 2009

February already


Here we are again in Romania. It felt a bit like coming home as we drove from the airport to our flat. We will be here for 90 days this time.

I brought the small sewing machine that Bruce gave me for Christmas so I plan on finishing several projects that I brought with me. This little machine (Janome Sew Mini) has straight and zigzag stitches and weighs less that 5 lbs. I also brought my little 10.5 inch lap top which is great for traveling. I took a picture of my lap top and sewing machine with Bruce's red 15 inch lap top to show you how small the machine is. Don't be fooled by the size as it sews like a dream. I know it won't quilt through many layers, but for piecing it truely is great. I had no difficulty getting it through airport security at home or in Europe. I had to take the lap top out of the case, but not the sewing machine. I just love technology, don't you?

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I am glad you arrived safely and I wish I was visiting you! Your little machine looks great. I meant to put a comment in about your squaredance quilt so I am doing it now. I loved the colors you picked. We will be doing another class with Cheryl in the near future. Keep in touch!
Shirley from learningfa.