Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This and That


These are my Valentine flowers from my best friend; my husband. They were bundled like a sweet nose gay. The housekeepers here at the flat in Romania tell me that they are the traditional flower that is given on Valentine's Day. I am blessed to be married to my best friend.


We did some sightseeing this past weekend. We went down to the railroad station and were lucky enough to see a train pull in. Wow, you have to be fast to get on or off as the train only stays in the station for a minute or two. There is a platform but you have to cross some of the tracks to get to it. This is me outside of the train station. Cernavoda is the town we are staying in while we are in Romania. It is about a two hour drive from Bucharest and thirty minutes from the Black Sea . It was very cold but we still had fun poking around town. The town has a bunch of stores, but no department stores or mega markets as we know them in the States. The stores are small but carry everything you need. I found a lovely store that sells fabric (a necessity for me as a quilter), thread, yarn and laces. I had to buy a few meters so I can make a quilt with Romanian fabric. The fabric is a very nice weight cotton. It is fun to poke around in each store to see what they have.

No comments: