Monday, July 18, 2011

Time has gotten away from me ...

That old saying of time flies when you are having fun is probably true. It also flies when you are busy! I am busy making plans or let me say busy trying to make plans as we don't know where the company will send us next.

We have been on assignment in Romania for the past 4 years. We only have 3 and a half months left, which sounds like a good amount of time, but really isn't. We have accumulated a bunch of "stuff" and will have to take some of it home. We have already started the sorting process and did take some of the electronics home in June. I took one of my sewing machines home and will take the other one home in August. No quilting for me the last 2 and a half months and I am already not looking forward to that. Our power in the States is not the same as it is here so we won't be bringing home any of the kitchen appliances. What to do with them, only heaven knows at this point in time.

Our daughter graduated from college in June and we were home for a week to be with her as she accepted her AS degree. She is going on to get her BS at the same school. I am so very pleased with her as she has maintained an A average and seems to be continuing on in that same way. She has received 2 scholarships to assist with school fees, which is a great bonus for the wonderful grades.

I don't have any quilting to share this time. I really am missing my studio. I am hoping that the company sends us some where close to home so we can be home every weekend or at least every other weekend. Staying away from home for 3 months at a time is a bit hard when you only get 1 week at home and then away for another 3 months. One of the good things of being in Europe for so long is getting to travel around to different countries when we take our vacation. There is always good in everything even if you have to sometimes hunt for it.

Until next time
God Bless you and keep you safe

No comments: