Friday, February 25, 2011

What am I working on?


I'm still working on our son's quilt. It seems like I have bee working on it for a long time. I know I am a very slow quilter, but I really do enjoy the process. I have a dozen more blocks to make for this quilt before I can start sewing it in rows and columns. I already have the boarder material picked out and it is here in Romania with me so I hope to finish the top before we have to go home in April. Then I can piece the back from my stash. As you can see from the picture it is a 2 block controlled scrappy blue, green and orange colors.

When I am working on a quilt for someone special I say a little prayer for them each time I finish a block. If I am making a quilt just to make it and I don't know where it will end I just say a little general prayer for whatever is in the news at the time. Prayers and quilts just naturally fit together as the quilts will bring comfort and warmth to the receiver and lets them know someone is thinking of them.

I was doing laundry while I was quilting today and happened to get a picture of one of my visitors. She was very interested in the spin cycle.

Until next time
May God Bless you

No comments: