Thursday, March 3, 2011

Did you notice?

Did you notice my new button on the side? It is my declaration that I am a very slow quilter. I love the process and the stitching of quilt tops. It does take me a long time to finish a top. I have a very large pile of quilt tops to sandwich and quilt. I have to make the backs for most of them so maybe instead of piecing I should just buy yardage for the backs. That would be the fastest way to get them sent off to the long arm quilter. I do have some that are small enough to quilt myself and I plan on hand quilting several just for the fun of it. I should have finished them long ago!

I am still working on the blocks for my current project and looking longingly at the table runner kit that is still in the package. I really want to start a new project but I won't until I get the top finished for my current project. I have finished 12 more blocks since my last posting and hope to finish the top in the next 2 weeks or sooner if I can manage.

I guess it is too late to officially join Judy's UFO challenge since since it is already March, but I plan on doing it unofficially. I will watch for next year around December and join then if she hosts it again. I really need something to keep me on track to finishing my UFO's but I need to make a list of them. I don't have an exact count so I will add counting and listing UFO's to the long list of things I need to accomplish when I am home for a week in April.

Until next time
may God Bless you and keep you safe

No comments: