Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A visit from the breakfast club and International Women's Day


I had a visit from the breakfast club this morning when I opened my door at 6AM. These 3 cats belong to the neighborhood and many of us feed them when they show up at our doors. You can see that none of the cats are under fed. As you can see from the date stamp my camera is still on central time which is my home time. It really was this morning and not yesterday that the picture was taken. I always forget to change it until I see the wrong date on a photo but by then it is too late.

In case you didn't know, yesterday was International Women's Day and here in Romania it is well celebrated. The women in my town of Cernavoda take over the restaurants and party together and the men know better than to interfere. It does marks the contributions of women to the world. If you want to know more about this day follow this link http://www.internationalwomensday.com/ it has a bunch of information. I am a firm believer in sisterhood and the power of women to make a difference when we band together. It makes no difference where you were born or how you were raised if you are a woman you have a shared commonality with other women of the world.

Today I start to sew the rows and columns together for the quilt that I am working on. I have a good idea for the borders but will have to see what the quilt tells me when I am finished sewing the blocks together. I am thrilled to have all of the blocks completed as the mock friendship star had many pieces, but I am satisfied with the way they came together. I only hope no one looks real close because not all of the corners match. I love each step to making a quilt and get more excited as each step is completed. As I see it I am starting step 4 sewing the rows and columns together.

until next time
God bless you and keep you safe

1 comment:

Linda said...

Arlene,
Thanks for visiting my blog. Isn't it nice to see all the different projects in the book. I couldn't find your email, so decided to leave a comment here. By the way, I like your blog!

Linda in OK
http://quiltcookies.blogspot.com