Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Technology...

I have a love/hate relationship with technology. Showing my age I can say, I remember when the computers filled a room, but didn't have any disk space or very much memory. I remember life without Microsoft! I remember when sewing machines had just straight stitches. I barely remember life without television and definitely remember when t.v. was black and white only. Wow, have we come a long way in a short time. Or have we....

Sometimes I miss writing a letter and waiting weeks for a response from a pen pal. I loved receiving a handwritten letter, but I do like the quick response that I get from e-mail. I also love Skype and the way I can see the person who I am talking to no matter where in the world each of us are at the time. And now with the new cell phones, I-pad or I-pod touch we have face time.

I learned to sew on a Singer Featherweight sewing machine when I was twelve. My Mom taught me and I must say, she had the patience of a saint. I continued sewing on that machine and when I married and moved out my Mom gave me the machine. I don't use it often, but I do keep it serviced. I prefer to use my Juki for patchwork and my Pfaff for embroidery. Come to think of it, I also used to embroider by hand and not machine. Those were the days! Well, I still do embroidery by hand but not as much as I used to.

I created all of my own clothes while attending high school and made most of my daughters clothes when they were young. Now I quilt because it is more fun. I love being part of the quilting world. Quilters are the best. Talking about quilting, I guess I better get back to my quilt top because it isn't going sew itself.

Until next time,
may God Bless you and keep you safe

No comments: